Monday, April 30, 2012

the desire to create

I have been toying with the idea of developing a back story for one of my designs. I sort of have an idea of her personality which I portray through the drawings of her. I feel this is somewhat necessary to create an emotive piece.
But some people take it further than that and really come up with a narrative for their characters. This isn't something I have ever had interested in. Until now. I have a character that I really like. Her design, I think, is rather unique and I enjoy drawing her. If I so desired, I could create a story for her, with other characters, in a unique setting and start a comic. However, this would take a lot of time and planning. And some ability to tell a story through art. I'm not sure if I have any of these things.
So I likely will do nothing. But I'll keep drawing her, even if I'm the only one who knows what she's thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment