Monday, December 26, 2011

busy bee

I have been so caught up with Christmas and work, and other distractions, that I haven't been doing much art these past few weeks. Now that the holiday is over, I can get back to business.

I FINALLY finished my commission prize for the second place winner of the contest I helped judge last month, ....two months ago....anyway, I think it turned out nice, even though it took me forever.

I have another commission I need to work on, and I have to finish my second sculpture of Cteno, which will most likely go up for auction.

I have been working more with my new technique involving a grayscale underdrawing.
It helps me a lot with maintaining the style of my original sketch, and with keeping a good amount of contrast, which I tend to lose when I color more traditionally. I used to work almost exclusively in pencil, so all of my drawings were black and white when I was a teenager. It's kinda what I'm used to even though I've been using photoshop for several years now. I like this new technique because it allows me to work more easily with my paper sketches, and with a method of shading that I am more comfortable with. I think there is definitely room for improvement, but I am going to stick with it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment