Thursday, December 8, 2011

stringmouse

I have had a deviantART account for many years now and have been using the same one for two years. Which is not very long for these things. Many accomplished artists have had the same account/username for 8+ years. And in my two years, I hadn't really acquired a very large following, so I have decided to make a change. I am renaming myself for the purpose of spewing my art all over the internets. Don't think too hard about the new identity. Stringmouse.

It will take me a while to build up my new gallery. I will be resubmitting a lot of my older work and mixing it in with new work. It will be a long transition, but I think it will be a good move for me. For some reason I have been reluctant to do anything too expressive. Fear of judgement and/or rejection, I guess. But this new name has a little bit more feeling. It's kinda cute, a little confusing, kinda feminine, but not really. Like me! It has meaning to me, but does not represent anything really specific. I mean, who really knows what the hell a string mouse is...?

I will probably continue to post journals on my old account for a while, maybe a couple months. And I will keep posting here, but the blog will eventually be renamed. I'm a little scared. But I think once I get things started, I will become more comfortable with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment