Friday, January 13, 2012

a good workspace is important!

So, since my last 'work in progress' shot of my sculpture that I posted.....nothing has progressed. I blame my workspace!

First of all, I share it with the cats' litter box, and we keep it clean, so that's not a problem, it's just really distracting when they come in and use it. Very noisy and awkward.

Then, there is the clutter issue. The room also doubles as a storage closet, so alongside my work table there is also,

a vacuum cleaner
unused aquarium supplies
chests of toys/action figures
the display boxes for the toys and action figures
an old wooden easel
a rarely used exercise machine
our old dining room table and chairs

aaaaand various other small collections of stuff we never use, but don't feel the need to throw out.

 The plan is to condense some of the clutter and store it away somewhere I can't see it, then move the furniture around to give me the most productive workspace. Hopefully if it all works out, I will be able to work in there for more than 25 minutes at a time.  Then I can actually get things done, and maybe even start taking sculpture commissions!

This calls for a trip to IKEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment